The first Coldwood School was built in 1874 and was located on a site adjacent to the present building on the Craughwell side. Coldwood got its name from the hazel wood “Án Fuar Coll” which means cold hazel. The old website can be found here.
Visit the website via the link below to learn more:
Coldwood National School, Coldwood, Craughwell, Co. Galway, Ireland
Useful links to our favourite local enterprises, tourist attractions and communi… Here some recent records:
Historical Site: Lackagh Museum & Heritage Centre
Historical Site: Esker Monastry
Community: Galway County Heritage Office
Historical Site: Monivea Village and Woods